This Coconut Bread is absolutely wonderful! Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee.
Servings: 1 loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract could use vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup of sweetened flake coconut
Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and set aside. Cream sugar, butter and eggs in a mixing bowl.
Pour in flour mixture along with buttermilk and coconut extract and continue mixing until all ingredients are wet. Fold in coconut.
Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes until center tests done. Makes 1 loaf.