Raisin Bread Pudding
This Raisin Bread Pudding is a wonderful dessert. Top with ice cream and enjoy!
Servings: 8 servings
- 12 slices raisin bread cut in chunks
- 1 1/2 cups milk I use 2%
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup extra raisins
Soak the cut up bread in the 1 1/2 cups of regular milk for about 15 minutes or until milk is soaked into bread. Pour melted butter over bread.
Spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray and whisk together the sugar, eggs, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, whipping cream and vanilla extract. Make sure it is all incorporated and smooth.
Place soaked break in baking dish and pour over the remaining ingredients. Add extra raisins on top. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes until a knife comes out clean when inserted in center.