Fried Cabbage with Sausage
This is a simple recipe but super delicious. It's great comfort food.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 small head of cabbage chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped or cut into strips
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 pound polish sausage sliced into round pieces (can use smoked sausage)I use Hillshire Farm.
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- few drops of hot sauce optional
Melt butter in large skillet. Add cabbage, onion, and green pepper and cook on medium high for about 5 minutes stirring to keep from sticking to pan. Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes.