Potato Salad for a Crowd
This recipe can be cut in half, doubled or just made the way it is printed here. The salad will keep several days in the fridge and is even better each day.
- 10 medium to large potatoes
- 10 eggs
- 1 4 oz. jar of diced pimientos, drained
- 1 medium to large onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon whole celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise more or less to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Boil potatoes with skins on, cool, peel, and cut into chunks. Boil eggs about five minutes, drain, cover with cold water. I usually put about a tablespoon of salt in my water that I boil the eggs in to make them peel better. Peel the boiled eggs, chop, and add to potatoes in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well and chill in refrigerator.