This is a quick recipe that is true comfort food. It's always a hit when we serve it.
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. round steak cut in one inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)
- Flour about 1/3 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil I use Canola
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 4 ounce can mushrooms, drained (optional)
Dredge cubes of round steak in flour seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Brown seasoned steak and onions in 4 tablespoons cooking oil . Add water and cook covered on low about 10 minutes until meat is tender.
Add 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 2 cups sour cream, and 1 can cream of mushroom soup and mushrooms. Simmer uncovered 10 to 15 minutes. Serve over rice, pasta, biscuits or noodles.