Hamburger Potato Soup
This Hamburger Potato Soup is wonderful comfort food! Great to enjoy with family and friends.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green onion or 1 medium onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped or sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 14.5 ounce cans beef broth
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes peeled and cut up
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch optional, used to thicken soup only
Brown the hamburger, onions and minced garlic in a skillet on top of the stove. Remove, drain and put in soup pot or crock pot. Add remaining ingredients to soup pot or crock pot and if cooking on top of the stove, cook until potatoes and carrots are soft.
Cook in crock pot for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high. If you want the soup thicker, whisk the cornstarch into the milk before adding to pot. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese.