Pepperoni Pizza Soup
Pepperoni Pizza Soup is an easy recipe and is delicious.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound Italian sausage can use hamburger or pork sausage
- 1 cup pepperoni rounds or slices
- 2 4 ounce cans mushroom pieces, drained (could use 1 cup fresh mushrooms)
- 1 sweet green pepper chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and chopped
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can beans, rinsed and drained (You could use red beans, kidney beans, pinto beans or chili beans or whatever you like)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
In a large soup pot on top of the stove brown and drain the sausage and pepperoni slices. Add the mushrooms, green pepper, green onions and garlic cloves and cook with sausage and pepperoni.
Stir in the tomatoes, chicken broth and beans. Sprinkle on basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer on low for about 35 minutes to let ingredients marry.