Italian Cream Cake
This Italian Cream Cake is absolutely delicious!
Servings: 1 Cake
- 1 cup butter or 2 sticks or 16 tablespoons softened
- 1 3/4 cups white granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut I used the sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 5 egg whites
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
Cream butter, sugar and egg yolks. Whisk together the flour and soda and add to creamed mixture along with buttermilk and vanilla extract. Mix well. Stir in coconut and nuts. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into cake mixture.
Spray three 8 inch cake pans with cooking spray. Divide mixture between the three pans and bake in preheated 350 degree oven 25 to 30 minutes until centers are done. Frost with cream cheese frosting recipe below.
Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions