Ham, Apple and Cheese Quiche
This unique Ham, Apple and Cheese Quiche is the perfect start to the day!
Servings: 1 quiche
- 1 9 inch pie shell, uncooked (I used a bought frozen crust on this one but you could make your own with my recipe for homemade pie crust)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped apples I did not peel mine and used red delicious apples
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese you could use whatever you like
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk could use regular milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Combine ham, onion and chopped apples. Spread in pie crust. Sprinkle on cheese. Mix together the sour cream, mustard, flour, milk, eggs, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over ham mixture. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven 50 to 55 minutes. Can sprinkle on extra cheese the last 10 minutes of baking if you like. Makes 1 (9 inch) quiche.