Hearty Potato Soup
This is an easy recipe that your family will love.
Servings: 1 gallon
- 8 to 10 medium potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic I use the kind you buy already minced in the jar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
Place potatoes, onion, celery, garlic, salt and pepper in a large pot and cover with water.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender. Do not drain.
Add stick of butter. Pour evaporated milk into a bowl and whisk the flour into the milk. Add flour and milk mixture to your soup. Let simmer for about 10 minutes. Garnish with crisp bacon or shredded cheese.