This fudge is a family favorite and one you'll want to make over and over again.
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk could use regular milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts of your choice we like it with walnuts
Bring brown sugar, milk and corn syrup to boil on top of the stove, stirring constantly. Cook to soft ball stage or about 238 degrees. Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla. Do not stir. Let cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes. Add nuts and beat with spoon until thickens and loses its gloss. Spray an 8 x 8 dish and pour fudge into it. Once firm cut into squares.