Pineapple Rice Pudding
This Creamy Pineapple Rice pudding is absolutely delicious. The perfect side dish for the holidays.
- 1 cup long grain rice cooked (I think you could use minute rice in this recipe, too.)
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk I used 2%
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnut pieces or nuts of your choice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons rum could use bourbon, too. Can add more if you want. If you are a non-drinker you can use rum flavoring or just leave this out and add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract instead of one.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
In a large bowl while rice is cooking mix all the other ingredients together except butter. Once rice is cooked mix it into your other ingredients. Spray a casserole dish and fill with rice mixture. (Can add another 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg on top if you like nutmeg.)
Cut the butter into pieces on top. Bake in preheated 325 degree oven 55 -60 minutes. Serve warm with rum sauce over top. Makes about 10 to 12 servings. Keeps well for several days in refrigerator. Reheat in microwave