Southern Apple Pie
This Southern Apple Pie is easy to make and absolutely delicious. Your family will love this pie!
Servings: 1 pie
- 4 or 5 large apples peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces (I have used every kind of apple there is in this recipe)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar light or dark
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 pie crusts deep dish or regular If you use deep dish may have to add more apples.
Place cut up apples in the bottom crust. In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon and sprinkle mixture over the apples.
Slice up the butter on top of the sugar mixture. Cover with the other crust. Make 3 slits in top of crust with a knife.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. Let sit for about 20 minutes before slicing.