Dutch Apple Pie
This Dutch Apple Pie is delicious and one your family will love for the holidays. It's a wonderful Fall treat!
Servings: 1 pie
- 4 medium apples cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 9 inch pie shell either homemade or bought (This one is a bought shell)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
Place apples in a bowl along with lemon juice and toss to coat. Add brown and white sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well with spoon. Place apples in pie shell. Add raisins on top of the apples. In the same bowl, mix ingredients for the topping except for the butter and spread over the apples. Cut up the butter over the topping.
Cook in preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook for 45 more minutes.