Easy Chicken and Dumplings
Your family will love these Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- 4 cups chopped chicken or turkey cooked
- 1 cup chopped celery
- one 10 1/2 oz. can of cream of chicken soup I use Campbell’s soup and broth
- two 10 1/2 cans of chicken broth
- 3 of the 10 1/2 cans filled with water
- Pour 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup shortening
Pour 2 cups self-rising flour into a large bowl, cut in 1/4 cup shortening with a pastry blender or fork, add 3/4 cup boiling water a little at a time until you can shape the mixture into a ball. Roll out to about 1/8 inch of thickness on a floured board. Cut into strips, then squares
Remove lid on pot and add several squares at a time to the boiling broth replacing lid each time for about 30 seconds until you have added all the dumplings. Once all the dumplings are added lower heat to simmer for about 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you want drop dumplings, just don’t roll the dough out but pinch off pieces and drop into the broth just like you dropped the flat dumplings.