Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
This recipe for Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole is perfect for any day or the week or to serve to guests during the holidays. There is never any left when we make this dish.
- 8 slices bacon cooked and drained (keep about 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings)
- 1 30 ounce bag frozen Country Style shredded Ore Ida hash browns, defrosted
- 1/2 cup chopped onion regular or green onions
- 1 large clove of garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 10.75 ounce can Cream of Potato Soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- 1 cup evaporated milk could use regular milk
- 25 Ritz crackers crushed
- 2 cups shredded cheese of your choice I used Mexican 4 cheese blend
Fry bacon, drain and set aside. Brown onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease.
Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl blend together by hand the hash browns, onions, garlic, potato soup, salt, pepper, sour cream, milk and melted butter. Spread in casserole dish.
Crush Ritz cracker (I put mine in a Ziploc bag and use rolling pin) and break bacon into pieces. Mix cracker crumbs, shredded cheese and bacon together and sprinkle on top of the casserole. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 45 to 50 minutes.