Iron Skillet Calico Cornbread
This cornbread has a fantastic flavor. You'll make it over and over again.
Servings: 8 Servings
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- 4 to 5 slices bacon cooked and crumbled (save 2 to 3 tablespoons drippings)
- 1/2 cup butter or 8 tablespoons melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 14.75 ounce can cream style corn
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 4 ounce jar diced pimientos, drained
Combine cornmeal, bacon, melted butter, eggs, sour cream, corn, green pepper and pimientos. Mix well with a spoon.
Grease a 10 inch iron skillet with the bacon drippings. Pour in cornbread mixture. Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Cut in pie shaped pieces.