Hamburger 'N Shells Italia
This casserole is great any night of the week.
- 2 cups medium sized pasta shells uncooked
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 small onion chopped or 1 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning could use Oregano, too
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 13.25 ounce can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese or ricotta
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded (can use cheese of your choice)
Cook the pasta shells according to package directions to the al dente stage, drain and set aside. In a skillet brown the hamburger and onion, add pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and mushrooms. Drain hamburger. Add the shells to the hamburger mixture along with the tomato sauce.
Spray a 2 quart casserole dish. Spread a layer of the hamburger in the bottom of the dish. Spread a cup of the cottage cheese over the hamburger followed by a cup of the shredded cheese. Add a second layer ending with cheese on top. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven about 35 to 40 minutes until bubbly.