This Cornbread Pudding is a wonderful addition to any meal. We love this delicious side dish!
Servings: 12 servings
- 2 cups yellow self-rising cornmeal mix I use Martha White
- 1 15.25 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 14.75 ounce can cream style corn
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter or margarine or 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons melted
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped (can use regular onion)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided (Can use any kind of cheese you like)
Mix cornmeal with whole kernel corn and cream style corn with a spoon; add eggs and butter and continue mixing. Add onion, salt, buttermilk and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Pour into a sprayed casserole dish.
Sprinkle remaining cup of shredded cheese on top. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven 35 to 40 minutes until brown on top. Makes about 12 large servings (I use a 10X10 baking dish)