Creamy Cauliflower Casserole
This Creamy Cauliflower Casserole is a wonderful side dish.
- 1 small head cauliflower washed and broken into pieces
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup green onion chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed toasted
- 4 tablespoons slivered almonds toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese divided
- Salt to taste
Wash cauliflower and break into pieces. Place in a sprayed casserole with about 1/4 cup water, covered with saran wrap and cook in microwave for about 6 minutes.
While cauliflower is cooking, place almonds and sesame seed on a baking sheet and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
Remove cauliflower from microwave, drain and return to casserole.
Combine remaining ingredients except for 1/2 cup cheese, almonds and sesame seeds and pour over cauliflower. Mix with spoon. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top and sprinkle almonds and sesame seed over casserole. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.