Fresh Apple Cake with Streusel Topping
This Fresh Apple Cake is perfect to enjoy with family and friends!
Servings: 1 cake
- 1 yellow cake mix 16.5 ounces I used Duncan Hines Classic Yellow
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- 1 1/2 cups fresh grated apples – about 3 small apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats uncooked
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces or nuts of your choice
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
Empty cake mix into a large mixing bowl. Mix in eggs, milk, oil, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and margarine mixing well after each addition. Fold in apples. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish and pour in batter. Top with streusel topping
Streusel Topping Instructions
Mix together brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the cake batter above. Sprinkle on nuts. Cut butter into small pieces on top of the streusel.
Bake cake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes checking for doneness as ovens vary.