This recipe for Pineapple Casserole is so good. We love it for the holidays.
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained (save 1/4 cup juice)
- 1 15 ounce can mandarin oranges, drained (You can substitute another 20 ounce can of pineapple chunks or cherries, peaches or whatever fruit you like)
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut Optional
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice from the crushed pineapple above
- 1 stick butter or margarine or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup melted
- 40 to 50 Ritz crackers crushed
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts Optional
In a large mixing bowl combine the crushed pineapple, mandarin oranges, sugar, flour, coconut, shredded cheese and pineapple juice. Mix well
Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray and spread pineapple mixture into the dish.
Melt the butter and mix with the crushed Ritz crackers. Sprinkle on top of the pineapple. Add pecans on top. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 30 to 35 minutes until brown on top.