Cheesy Apple Casserole
This Cheesy Apple Casserole is so versatile. It's great for breakfast or as a side dish.
- 5 cups chopped apples (I used red delicious but you could use about any kind in this recipe. Peel and core the apples, then chop)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup melted
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Toss the chopped apples with the lemon juice.
Spray a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray and spread the apples in the bottom of the dish.
Mix the melted butter, sugar, salt, flour, milk, vanilla extract and one cup of the cheese together with a spoon. Pour and spread over the apples. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes adding the other cup of shredded cheese on top during the last 15 minutes.