Pork Chops and Cabbage Casserole
This recipe for Pork Chops and Cabbage Casserole is great comfort food.
- 4 to 6 pork chops
- 4 to 5 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper cut in rings
- 1 medium onion peeled and cut in rings
- 1 package Lipton onion soup
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained (could use fresh tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice
Brown the pork chops in the olive oil on top of the stove.
In a large casserole dish layer cabbage, green pepper and onion. Place browned chops on top. Mix together the onion soup, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano. Pour over the top.
Bake in preheated 400 degree covered for 55 to 60 minutes or until cabbage is cooked to the consistency you like it. Remove from oven and sprinkle on cheese. Return to oven uncovered until cheese melts.