Lima Bean Skillet
This recipe for our Lima Bean Skillet is a great dish for those busy week nights.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet or red peppers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth or beef broth or water
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes (could use 2 cups fresh chopped tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh chopped okra
- 1 10 ounce package frozen lima beans
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
Brown ground beef, onion, peppers and minced garlic in a skillet on top of the stove. Drain.
Add broth, diced tomatoes, okra, Lima beans, pepper, salt, corn, Worcestershire sauce and cumin.
Bring to a low boil, cover and simmer on low for 35 minutes.