Smoked Sausage Bean Soup
This quick and easy soup is perfect for lunch or dinner. It's perfect when you don't have a ton of time.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut in rounds.
- 1 15.5 ounce can great northern beans rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can sliced carrots drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped regular or green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
Melt butter in a two quart pan on top of the stove. Add onion and cook until tender. Add remaining ingredients to pot, bring to a boil, turn to simmer and cook 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving.