Pimento Cheese Grits
This is a delicious twist on a classic!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time14 mins
Total Time24 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 cup old-fashioned grits
- 4 2/3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 4 ounce jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Bring milk and butter to a boil in a sauce pan on top of the stove on medium heat. Stirring constantly with a wire whisk add grits a little at a time to keep them from clumping. Turn heat down to a low simmer, cover pot and cook five to six minutes until grits thicken.
Remove and stir in cheddar cheese and cream cheese until cheese melts. Add salt, black pepper, drained diced pimentos and garlic powder. Garnish with chopped green onions and sprinkle on some smoked paprika.