Hot Milk Cake
This is an old dessert that is easy to make and always delicious.
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk I use 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter
Raspberry Fruit Topping
- 1 (12 ouncpackage frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Beat the eggs with a mixer until lemon colored. Add sugar and vanilla and continue mixing. Whisk together the flour and baking powder and add to the batter. Combine milk and butter in a pan on top of the stove and heat just until butter is melted. Pour into cake batter and mix until smooth.
Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray. Spread batter in pan and bake in preheated 350 degree oven about 35 minutes or until center is done. You can top with fresh fruit or use canned or frozen with this cake.
Raspberry Fruit Topping Directions