This delicious peach crisp can be made with fresh or canned peaches. This easy dessert has amazing reviews.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 20 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 (15.25 ounccans of sliced peaches drained (reserve liquior about 4 cups fresh peaches
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine or 4 tablespoons
- 1 cup sugar divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk could use regular milk
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup syrup from canned peaches or 1 cup water if using fresh peaches
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Drain peaches reserving liquid if using canned peaches and spread in bottom of a 9 x 9 inch sprayed baking dish. Cream together butter and 1/4 cup of the sugar with mixer. Add the flour, baking powder and milk. Mix well. Spread over peaches with a spoon.
Whisk together 3/4 cup of sugar, cornstarch, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Sprinkle this over the batter on the peaches. Bring the 1 cup of water or peach juice to a boil in the microwave and then pour over the peaches. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 55 to 60 minutes. Serve with topping of your choice or ice cream. Makes about 8 servings.