Cheesy Potato Casserole
This cheesy potato casserole is absolutely delicious. The perfect side dish to any meal and would be wonderful to take to a gathering or serve during the holidays.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 32 ounce bafrozen diced hash brown potatoes (no need to thaw
- 1 10.5 ounce cacream of chicken soup (do not dilute
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion or regular onion optional
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 6 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
Combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chopped green onions, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and 3 tablespoons of the butter, (melteplus 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Mix with a spoon.
Pour in frozen potatoes and toss to coat with the soup mixture. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray and spread the potatoes in the dish. Combine the two cups of crushed cornflakes with the remaining 3 tablespoons of melted butter and sprinkle over potatoes. Add remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
Cover the casserole with foil and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 60 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes to brown top of casserole. Can garnish with additional chopped green onions or fresh chopped parsley.