Mixed Fruit Cobbler
This is an easy cobbler with a biscuit topping. It's delicious!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 15 ounce can fruit cocktail undrained
- 1 15 ounce can sliced peaches undrained
- 1 8 ounce can pineapple tidbits drained
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Biscuit Topping Ingredients
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine or 4 tablespoons softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk I used 2%
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Nuts of your choice Optional
Spray a 3 quart casserole dish. Pour the brown sugar and flour into the dish and mix well with a wire whisk. Pour enough of the juice from the peaches into the flour mixture until it is smooth and syrupy. Add the drained pineapple, the undrained peaches and fruit cocktail, the vanilla extract and mix.
Place in preheated 425 degree oven and cook about 20 minutes until bubbly. Remove from oven and add the biscuit topping.
Biscuit Topping Instructions
Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well with wire whisk. Cut in the butter and add eggs and milk. Spoon over the cobbler by spoonfuls. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the top. Place back in preheated 425 degree oven for about 30 more minutes until biscuit topping is nice and brown. Can sprinkle nuts over top.