Do Nothing Cake
This cake is an Old Fashioned recipe that never disappoints! Perfect for any gathering and so easy to make. Never any left!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 1 cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice (do not drain)
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla extract and pineapple. Stir with a spoon to combine all ingredients. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray and add batter. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 -35 minutes until the center tests done. Make frosting below and poke holes in hot cake with a wooden spoon.
The original recipe calls for 2 cups sugar in the cake. I use only 1 cup and the cake is plenty sweet. I also make my frosting with 1 1/2 cups coconut instead of just one.