Beef Tips and Gravy
This recipe is comfort food at it's best! Serve with mashed potatoes and you have a wonderful meal.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds stew meat or sirloin tips
- 1 medium onion cut in rings
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 10.5 ounce cans beef broth
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch optional
Heat oil in skillet and brown onions. Remove onions and put in crock pot. In a bowl whisk together the flour, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Dredge the meat in the flour mixture and cook in skillet where you browned the onions until browned.
Add meat to crock pot. If you have flour left in the bowl from dredging the meat leave it in the bowl and add the 2 cans of beef broth, 1 package of onion soup mix, 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and whisk all together. Pour over meat and onions in the crock pot
Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours. If you want the gravy to be thicker, remove a 1/2 cup gravy and whisk in 1 tablespoon cornstarch and add back to the crock pot. Cook on high for 10 to 15 minutes longer. Makes about 8 servings.