Cajun Cabbage Jambalaya
This Cajun Cabbage Jambalaya made in a skillet is wonderful and easy! Perfect to make on a busy night and the flavors are great.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage cut into rounds
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green pepper cut up
- 2 celery stalked chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 2 to 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup long grain rice or rice of your choice
Brown pork sausage, smoked sausage, onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in skillet until sausage is done.
Stir in diced tomatoes, chicken broth, cabbage. Add salt, black pepper and Cajun seasoning along with rice and set simmer uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes until rice and cabbage is cooked. Makes about 8 servings.