Homemade Vanilla Sauce
This homemade vanilla sauce is wonderful over ice cream, bread pudding, breads, and much more.
Servings: 1 cups
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Pinch cinnamon or nutmeg optional
Whisk together sugar, flour, egg, butter and whipping cream. Bring to a low boil in a saucepan on top of the stove. Cook on low about 5 minutes until sauce thickens to the consistency you like. Remove and stir in vanilla extract. Sprinkle on nutmeg or cinnamon to taste. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.