Chocolate Pound Cake
This Chocolate Pound Cake is one you will make over and over again. Easy to make and delicious!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr 15 mins
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
Servings: 1 cake
- 1/2 cup butter or 1 stick or 8 tablespoons softened
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups chocolate chips I use semi-sweet
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Chocolate Chip Glaze Ingredients
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup or 4 tablespoon butter
Cream butter, sugar and eggs with a mixer. Add vanilla extract and buttermilk, keep mixing. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave about 1 minute or until when stirred they are smooth. Add to creamed mixture.
Whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl. Add to creamed chocolate mixture and mix with mixer just until all ingredients are wet. Fold in nuts. Spray a 10 inch bundt pan with cooking spray. Pour in the batter.
Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until center tests done.
Chocolate Glaze Instructions