Sausage Crescent Bake
This easy Sausage Crescent Bake is the perfect way to start the day!
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles, drained (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 2 8 ounce packages original crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Fry sausage, onion, green chiles, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a skillet on top of the stove. Drain if needed.
Add cream cheese and cook until melted. Spread one can of the crescent rolls in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and crimping openings in dough together to make a flat bottom. Add sausage and creamed mixture on top. Sprinkle on shredded cheddar cheese. Spread the other can of crescent rolls on top crimping edges together.
Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until top is nicely browned. Slice into pieces with a knife or use a pizza cutter to slice. I made about 20 pieces but I sliced some larger than others