Crock Pot Italian Stew
Enjoy this Crock Pot Italian Stew with some wonderful cornbread muffins!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 large carrots scraped and sliced
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 medium onion peeled and sliced
- 3 potatoes peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 1/2 cups V-8 juice or could use tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or could use fresh chopped basil
Mix the 1/2 cup flour and garlic powder together. Dredge the meat in the flour and brown on top of the stove in the cooking oil.
Add browned meat, carrots, celery, onions and potatoes to a 3 quart crock pot. Combine juice, black pepper, minced garlic and basil. Pour over meat and vegetables.
Cook on low for 7 hours or high for 4 1/2 hours until meat and vegetables are cooked. Makes 8 servings.