Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Bars
This recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Bars is one you'll want to keep!
- 12 whole graham crackers crushed (I put them in a sandwich bag and use a rolling pin to crush them and I used honey graham crackers. My crackers came nine to a package and each cracker has 4 sections)
- 1 cup quick cooking oats or rolled oats uncooked
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or 16 tablespoons or 2 sticks melted
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts crushed (Optional)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 15 ounce 100% pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts walnuts or pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Crush the graham crackers and put in large bowl along with oats, brown sugar and melted butter. Mix well. If using nuts stir them into the mixture.
Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray and press the graham cracker mixture out to cover the bottom of the dish. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool. Spread miniature marshmallows and chocolate chips out over cooled crust.
Stir all the above ingredients together with a spoon until well mixed. Pour over cooled crust, marshmallows and chocolate chips, spread to cover with a knife. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove and add topping.
Mix together and sprinkle over pumpkin bars after they have cooked 20 minutes. Return to 350 degree oven and bake another 25 minutes to let the pumpkin pie filling set.
Remove and let cool about 25 minutes before serving. These keep well in the refrigerator for several days and makes about 36 bars depending on the size you cut them.