Scalloped Corn Casserole
This recipe for Scalloped Corn Casserole is one you'll make over and over.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 4 slices bacon cooked crisp (save drippings)
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 3/4 cup onion chopped (can use regular or green onions)
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 sleeve Ritz cracker crumbs or about 2 cups
- 2 14.75 ounce cans cream style sweet corn or 1 can of creamed corn and 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 3 eggs
- 1 4 ounce can pimentos, drained
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese can use more and can use whatever cheese you like
Fry bacon, drain and set aside. Cook onion and green pepper in 3 tablespoons of the bacon drippings then add cracker crumbs to the skillet with the green pepper and onions and brown just a little. Set this aside.
Combine corn, eggs, pimentos, milk, salt and pepper (mixing with a spoon) and pour into sprayed 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle green peppers, onion and cracker crumbs over the top. Next, sprinkle on the cheese and crumble the bacon slices on the cheese. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes.