Tomato Pie is always a good idea. This is a great recipe that is always a hit!
Servings: 1 Pie
- 1 deep dish pie shell (I used a bought one, can make your own)
- 3 cups tomatoes (I chopped my tomatoes, you can slice them)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 pieces bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- Shredded cheese about 1 1/2 cups of your choice (I used Parmesan, Swiss, and Mexican 1/2 cup of each)
Cook empty pie crust for about 10 minutes in 400 degree oven. Be sure to punch holes in the bottom of the crust.
Remove from oven and add a layer of cheese, onion, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, oregano and basil. Continue layering until ingredients are gone except for 1/2 cup of cheese
Mix together the crumbled bacon, mayo, and cheese and spread on top of the pie. Sprinkle with extra cheese if you want
Cook in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand for at least 15 minutes before cutting.