Crock Pot Cowboy Casserole
This Crock Pot Cowboy Casserole is great comfort food that your family will love.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green red or yellow sweet pepper
- 3 to 4 red potatoes unpeeled and cut in bit-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups corn frozen or fresh
- 1 14.5 ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies, do not drain
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch cayenne or few drops hot sauce
- 1/2 cup water or beef or chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheese I use Taco blend but you can use whatever you like
Brown ground beef, onions and peppers in a skillet on top of the stove, drain.
Place the potatoes in the bottom of a 3 1/2 quart crock pot and sprinkle corn on top. Add the browned hamburger with onions and peppers on top of the corn along with the kidney beans.
In a bowl combine both cans of diced tomatoes along with the 1/2 cup water or broth. Stir in the black pepper, salt, garlic, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne or hot sauce. Mix well and pour over the contents of the crock pot.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for six hours or until potatoes are done. Once the casserole is finished cooking, sprinkle on shredded cheese, put the top on the crock pot and let it melt.