FRESH BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE WITH HOMEMADE CRUST

this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Fresh Blueberry Cheesecake - TSLC (2)

Blueberry Cheesecake with Homemade Crust

This Blueberry Cheesecake with homemade crust is one you will make over and over again. Blueberry Cheesecake is a wonderful twist on a classic. This recipe for Blueberry Cheesecake has wonderful reviews and is a top viewed recipe on my website.

Nutty Graham Cracker Crust

1 cup graham cracker crumbs (Can roll with rolling pin or use food processor until finely ground)
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (Could use quick-cooking oats)
1/2 cup ground walnuts or nuts of your choice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine or 8 tablespoons, melted

Combine all ingredients and press into a sprayed 8 x 8 inch baking pan.  Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 10 to 12 minutes.  Remove and let cool.
 TSLCCOOKBOOKBANNER1

Cream Cheese Filling (This is like the cherry cream cheese pie filling we have all made before)

1 (8 ounce package) cream cheese, softened
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (Not evaporated milk)
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine ingredients and mix on high for 3 or 4 minutes.  Pour over cooled crust.  Refrigerate for 3 hours.

Fresh Blueberry Topping

2 cups fresh blueberries (you could use frozen)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Combine all topping ingredients except lemon juice and bring to boil on top of the stove stirring constantly so as not to burn.  Cook for 2 minutes to thicken.  Remove from stove, stir in lemon juice and let cool.  Pour over cheesecake after it has been refrigerated for 3 hours.

Keep this blueberry cheesecake refrigerated.  Makes about 10 to 12 servings. Enjoy!  Note:  You could use any fresh fruit with this recipe such as strawberries or blackberries.

Be sure and PIN this blueberry cheesecake for later: the-southern-lady-cooks-fresh-blueberry-cheesecake

You may also enjoy:
Crescent Cheery Cheesecake Bars
Pineapple Cheesecake Ice Cream
Cherry Cream Cheese Pie or Cheesecake

e-mail signup TSLC

1. Good afternoon Lady: I made the blueberry cream cheese for a friend, and I get good comments from the family, they love the cheese cake, they said, never had such delicious dessert and they told me that I’m so talented, made so happy because they did enjoy it, plus I did omit the walnuts on the crust looks that was not a problem. Thank you so much for this great recipe, next will make it for us.

Have a good day,
    Libni

Thank you Libni for letting me know this recipe was a success. So glad everyone enjoyed it. Have a wonderful day 🙂

2. nancy mccullough says:

Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest buttons below. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below each post. WHERE are they?

They are below that toward the bottom of the page, however if you are using the browser Firefox and have your security settings really tight to avoid any extras on the page, you will not be able to see them. I am on Google Chrome and see all of them just fine.

3. Good Afternoon; I love your recipes , I will let you know when I do make it how they come out.
    I have a question we don’t like walnuts, can I use anything else??? or not use nothing, please advise.
    Libni

I usually add some kind of nuts. You can use whatever you like. I have not made it without but see no reason why you couldn’t. Happy you enjoy the recipes and thank you.

4. love your recipes keep posting.

5. Wondering if this could be frozen for travel and then thawed? Sounds delish!

6. Could you post the ingredient amounts for making this recipe in a 9 x 13 pan?

7. Could you make this the day before?

8. Paula Kurth says:

This pie is wonderful! My grandmother use to make it all the time. If you have an allergy to nuts just add another 1/2 c. Of grahams and it will be fine. I have also used lime juice when I did not have lemons. It was super. Thanks so much for sharing this. I had forgotten about this recipe. Making it tomorrow

9. If you use frozen blueberries( I picked them last summer and froze them) do you thaw them first?

10. Just finished making the topping. It is soooo good. I think it would be great on pancakes

11. Making this and wondering if you can make the topping and let sit in fridge overnight, then put on in the morning?

12. I love cheesecake with any toppings but I never topped with blueberries before, simply because the never made it home. Lol

13. years ago a friend gave me her recipe for an easier form of this. The middle layer is cream cheese and pwd sugar and cool whip. The topping is canned blueberry pie filling. The crust is flour, graham crackers, butter and walnuts. I have changed out the blueberry for raspberry or cherry and we love them all.

• WOULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME THE RECIPE? I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE YOUR VERSION. THANK YOU.

• BLUEBERRY TORTE – Kathy Park

Crust: 1 c. flour 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
        1 c. chopped walnuts ¾ c. melted margarine (or butter)

Mix together and pat into 9 X 13 pan.
        Bake 350 degrees for 10 minutes and cool.

Middle:

1 – 8 oz. cream cheese, softened 1 c. sifted powder sugar
        1 – 8 oz. thawed cool whip

Mix cream cheese and sugar together. Fold in cool whip.
        Spread evenly over cooled crust.

Top with 1 can blueberry pie filling.
        Chill one hour or overnight.

Can use other pie fillings. Raspberry is great ! Enjoy

14. Any suggestions on how this could be made without using Lemon juice?

Sorry, I don’t know what you would use in place of the lemon juice in this recipe that would work.

15. Could u use black berries????

16. Just made this for the first time and I followed the recipe exactly. This was GOOD! Will definitely make again.

17. What exactly do you mean softened cream cheese!!! Use mixer on low, high speed or left out until room temperature? Waiting f your answer. Thx Debby

18. Could you leave the nuts out of the crust for people with allergies?

19. I added the lemon juice to the blueberry mixture in the beginning just took off stove will it still thicken while it cools?

20. could I use black berries?

21. Crush up Biscoff Cookies

22. It was the best no baked cheesecake I have made. Several of my friends commented on how delicious it was and how much they liked the crust! It is definitely a keeper!

23. I just finished making this delicious looking cheesecake and will be taking it to a barbeque with good friends. It looks so delicious ans I can’t wait to try it! Thanks for sharing.

24. I love that this has instructions to make your own blueberry (or other fruit) topping instead of the expensive canned pit filling.

25. tumbleweedcontessa says:

Yummy sounding recipe. We’re featuring blueberries at Saturday Dishes. I’d love it if you brought this over.

Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda @ Tumbleweed Contessa

26. janet bermillo says:

i love to cook and i want to try your recipe.yummy.

27. What if you live in Australia where there are no graham crackers and nothing made of graham anything?

28. I don’t have condensed milk so I’m using skimmed evaporated. Hope this works!

29. Looks wonderful. Normally I use ricotta. But I just made my first philly cheesecake and well let’s just say it’s a good thing we don’t have too many cheesecakes. Way too addictive.

30. Check out the crust on this one. I bet it is good!