CROCK POT CHICKEN AND NOODLES

this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.

tslccrockpotchickenandnoodles1

This simple 4 ingredient recipe for Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles is comfort food at its best! Perfect for a busy night and your family will request this time and time again! I love the Egg Noodles, it gives this recipe a great flavor. Plus you don’t have to cook the noodles, you just add them to the crock pot after the chicken has cooked, which makes this recipe even easier.

4 chicken breast
2 (10.5 ounce) cans of Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
1 (14.5 ounce) can of low sodium Chicken Broth
1 bag of Egg Noodles

tslceggnoodles

tslccrockpotchickenandnoodles3

tslccrockpotchickenandnoodles

Place chicken breast in crock pot, cover with chicken soup and chicken broth. Cook on high for 5 -6 hours (low on 8) until chicken is easily shredded. I took the chicken out and shredded it and placed it back in crock pot. Add noodles to crock pot chicken and cook for about 30 minutes until done. I stirred mine a few times to make sure all the noodles were soaking up the juice. It may look like the noodles won’t fit, but just keep working them into the chicken and juice mixture.  Makes 8- 10 servings. Enjoy!

If you like this Crock Pot Chicken then you will love many of my other crock pot recipes. You can see many of them here.

This is the Crock Pot I use for this recipe, its my favorite!

Be sure and PIN Crock Pot Chicken: the-southern-lady-cooks-crock-pot-chicken-and-noodles

Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter buttons at the bottom of each post. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below.

1. Do you have calculations for large quantity cooking? I am preparing for for an October camp/marina sauerkraut supper for about 80 folks….pork butt, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, apple rings, dark rye or pumpernickel bread with real salt on crust. We use 3 oven roasters & begin cooking at about 9am, serving at 5. Yummy. This supper is popular and growing! Thanks

2. SandyFranks says:

Can this recipe be adjusted to use an ” instant pot” ?

Hello Sandy, I don’t own and “instant pot” so I really can’t give any advice on how to adjust the recipe.

3. Leaving for church, dumped the chicken and soup,broth in, substituted mushroom for one of my soups,low 8 hours, I love your ideas, thanks

4. Is this freezer friendly?

5. When you add the noodles is that 30 minutes part of the original time (I was going to do 8 hours on low) or is that in addition too?

6. Melanie Ernst says:

I made this yesterday and feared it may be too bland (and I didn’t have cream of chicken soup so I used the veggie versions that I had on hand) so I also added about 1/2 cup or so of chopped onion, a couple of handfuls of baby carrots, 2 tsp of garlic & Italian seasoning pastes (the fresh type in tubes available in produce section-GREAT time savers) and a couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
    Would it be possible to update the recipe so that the amount of chicken and egg noodles are more precise such as pounds and ounces? The chicken breast I had were rather enormous (perhaps whole rather than halves) so I winged it and used 2 instead of four.
    I also used No Yolks egg noodles, 8oz bag, and found that they worked really well and didn’t get gummy.
    Love these types of recipes that allow for modification to one’s tastes.

7. I made this tonight followed directions but noodles came out sticky/mushy. Any suggestions?

I don’t know, maybe the noodles cooked to long, some crock pots get hotter than others and may not need to cook as long.

• If you have a dollar general where you live they have clover valley brand noodles that work really well with this dish or use frozen

8. Rachel Ann Miller says:

What size bag of egg noodles does this call for? 8 oz or 12 oz?

9. What size crockpot does this work in? I want to make a double batch and need to know how big of a crockpot that I would need.

10. Christina Purdy says:

Does the chicken need to be completely thawed?

11. Do you cook the noodles first?

12. This was a great easy and cheap dinner! I have a family of five to feed and i was able to buy all i needed for 12 bucks! I did make a few changes tho! I added 1/2 a can of corn and 1/2 a can of green beans and about a table spoon of red pepper flakes for a little flavor. Every one loved it!! The crisp of the corn and green beans added great texture and the red pepper flakes were just the right amount of heat! You can do so many things to this recipe to change it up! Yum!

13. I made this last night and it was tasty. I think next time I’d either add fewer noodles or more broth as everything kind of stuck together when the liquid was soaked up. I think it needed only a little more moisture to make it perfect. I added chopped onion and ground pepper to get more flavors. I love them simplicity of this recipe and it definitely qualifies as comfort food! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

14. When you put the noodles in for a half hour, do you cook on high?

Peter, I left mine on low, but my crock pot cooks pretty hot, so the chicken and juices were bubbling. You may have to if your crock pot isn’t that hot.

15. My daughter can’t eat eggs, will this recipe work with traditional pasta?

16. I used cream of onion soup instead of the chicken soup, diced up some onion, carrots and celery too. Really great recipe for those busy days. My husband and I are both night shift nurses and recipes like this are always a huge help to us.