this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Baskets are wonderful for storage and you can use them in so many different ways in your home. I have loved and collected baskets for years. The top of my closets are stuffed with baskets and I am always pulling one down to use for something. The following list gives you thirty ways to use baskets for decoration or storage. The numbers correspond with the photos of the same number. Look for baskets in flea markets, at yard sales, online and in stores and use them as a cheap way to make a change to any room. They come in all sizes and shapes and it is so much fun to find a use for some new purchase. We have 78 boards on Pinterest with over 31,000 followers that will give you lots of recipes, ideas and interesting stuff to post. You can follow us on Pinterest here: The Southern Lady Cooks on Pinterest.
Look below each photo for how each basket is used. 1. Baskets make a wonderful way to serve bread at any meal. 2. Put a pretty basket on a table beside the door or in the bedroom for pocket change. 3. Carry your gardening tools in and out of the house or storage area. 4. Use for picnics outside to carry utensils and napkins.
5. Use on a desk for mail, bills that need to be paid and filing. 6. Place all your inside cleaning supplies in a basket with a handle and carry from room to room with you. 7. Put a large basket beside the outside door for dirty shoes and boots. 8. Baskets make a great way to display inside plants.
9. Use baskets for picking berries, fruits and garden vegetables. 10. Line them and plant flowers for great window baskets or just put the pot directly into the basket and place in a dry spot for beautiful outside decor. 11. Store gloves, mittens, hats and scarves in baskets. 12. Make a gift basket for overnight guests with shampoo, soap, lotions, snacks, etc. and place in the bedroom.
13. Place a basket with extra toilet tissue in the bathroom. 14. Use a basket in the kitchen for your favorite cookbooks for quick access to recipes. 15. Place magazines in a basket in a guest room, bathroom, den or wherever you like to grab something to read. 16. Baskets make great holders for pencils, pens and markers.
17. Place all your cosmetics you use all the time in a basket and store under the sink. Just lift out when needed. Keeps all the mess off the vanity. 18. A great way to store trivets all together. 19. Have a basket for jewelry you wear often. 20. A great way to put your favorite kitchen utensils by the stove for easy access.
21. Children love baskets for storing chalk or crayons. 22. Use baskets to make seasonal flower arrangements for your home. Easy to move and change. 23. Start an herb garden and put small flower pots inside baskets on your kitchen wall. 24. Baskets are great for storing sewing supplies, yarn, etc.
25. Use baskets to hold small trays, serving dishes, cutting boards, baking pans, etc. in your kitchen. 26. Display dish towels and pot holders or store them in a basket. 27. Use a basket to hold cookie cutters instead of throwing them in a drawer. 28. Put a basket beside the kitchen stove with commonly used spices, cooking spray, oils and vinegar.
29. Have a basket for small toys, trucks, books, etc. that get thrown on the floor. Just fill and store in a closet until next time. 30. Store picture frames that are not being used together.
I love using baskets for so many things around the house. I hope you have found something you like. Leave me a comment with your suggestions for this very versatile product. I am always looking for new ideas and Enjoy!
Click here to check out other tips from our site: Tips From The Southern Lady Cooks.
Don’t Forget to Pin!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.
Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest buttons below. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below each post. It is the green square below with a printer inside the square right beside the twitter, Pinterest and Facebook icons.