EASY BLACKBERRY POUND CAKE

this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.

TSLCBlackberryPoundCake1

This Blackberry Pound Cake is so easy to make and is delicious. It will make a great, quick dessert to serve with coffee. You could sprinkle with powdered sugar or even add a glaze but it really doesn’t need anything. It just melts in your mouth!

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups blackberries

TSLCCOOKBOOKBANNER

Whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl and set aside. Cream the butter, sugar and eggs with a mixer. Add flour, milk, sour cream and vanilla extract and mix well with mixer. Gently fold in blackberries.

TSLCBlackberryPoundCake

Pour in a 9 x 5 bread pan sprayed with cooking oil. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour until center tests done. Enjoy!  Note: You could use frozen blackberries but make sure they are thawed and all the water is drained.

Be sure and PIN for later: The Southern Lady Cooks Easy Blackberry Pound Cake

Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter buttons at the bottom of each post. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below.

Attention Fans

1. Can you tell me if you can find seedless blackberries for your cake? thank you

I am sorry, Gayle, but I don’t know if you can buy seedless blackberries or not. I don’t remember seeing them anywhere.

2. Sue Craighead says:

I love recipes with fruit, especially fresh fruit. I have used frozen berries and it works well but I just think there is more flavor and texture with fresh fruit. I also use strawberries in this recipe. With the blackberries, I sometimes get a wild itch for a bump up in flavor and I add finely chopped black walnuts. I love the flavor made by the berries and nuts. Thank you for sharing the great recipes you offer.

3. I just made the above pound cake and it is delicious. But, I too had the problem with my berries all going to the bottom of the cake. I thought afterward that I should have floured the berries, but will do next time, plus fold some in and put some on top. Great recipe.

4. Linda Harms says:

So, how did you manage to keep your berries at the top of the cake? I’m sure new and experienced bakers would benefit from your advice.

You can dust your berries with flour and gently fold into batter with a spoon or sprinkle on top of batter. This works for me but most of the time I don’t even do this. Maybe, your berries are so large they just sink!

5. Deidre O'Brien says:

There was no printer icon for this recipe.

It is at the bottom of the post right above where it says start your own blog. It is a green square with a printer on it. Click that.

6. Dolly Kennedy says:

THESE RECIPES ARE FANTASTIC LOVE THES RECIPES

Thank you so much Dolly. Happy to have you on the site and happy you enjoy the recipes. Thank you for letting us know.