This is a list of holiday cookie recipes. They all make great holiday gifts and have been favorites in my family for many years. Just click the name of the cookie to go to the recipe. Enjoy!

Molasses Cookies - Copy

Molasses Cookies. These cookies will make your house smell wonderful while in the oven and they make a great gift.

Sugar Cookies. Children love to help decorate these cookies. They will be a favorite for years to come.

Southern Sour Cream Pecan Cookies. A Southern treat your friends will love.

Gingersnap Cookies

Gingersnap Cookies.  Made with spices and molasses. Wonderful with coffee.

Shortbread Cookies or Tea Cakes. These cookies will just melt in your mouth.

Perfect Snickerdoodles (3)

Perfect Snickerdoodles. Sugar and cinnamon make these cookies delicious.

Mexican Wedding Cookies. These cookies are always a favorite at Christmas.

Gingerbread man cookies - Copy

Gingerbread Man Cookies. Every child will love these cookies and love to help decorate them.

Oatmeal Treats. One of the best oatmeal cookies you will ever eat!

Holiday Pfeffernusse Cookies. A spicy German recipe made with black pepper and rolled in powdered sugar.

Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Pinterest or E-mail buttons at the bottom of each post. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below.

Just a reminder to look on the right hand side of this page and type in your e-mail address so you don’t miss new posts when they come out! Your e-mail will not be shared with anyone. We have more than 20,000 e-mail subscribers and they are always the first to know about any new posts.

© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder

1. Mildred Trafford says:

Are all these cookie recipes in your latest cookbook which by the way I want to order after Christmas since I know there won’t be one under my tree !!!!

They are in the first one, Mildred. The Sweet Things Cookbook. The latest one is Down Home Dishes and it is casseroles, skillet meals, crockpot, etc.

2. Eulah Southard says:

I would like a recipe for a really good rum cake.Thanks

There is a recipe for Butterscotch Rum Cake posted under cakes on this site Eulah. You can use the search box or look on the right hand side of any page and click on the red box that says cakes. They are all posted there.

3. Sallie Robinson says:

Thanks dear these are just in time (Y)

4. Love your website and delicious recipes. Do you happen to have a brownie recipe, called “Triple Chocolate Brownie”? It contained few ingredients, was very fast to make and delicious. They were kind of a “wet brownie”. The chocolate was chips, cocoa, and chocolate frosting. I gave the recipe out (long time ago), never got it back, and had no written it down. I’ll be so grateful if you have such a recipe. THANK YOU, and Merry Christmas.

5. Oh, and the tine that the Pfeffernusse cookies are stored in? I have the same tin. Got it in the late 80’s with cookies at a grocery store…now it stores zippers in my sewing room 🙂

6. Can’t wait to try these. especially gingersnaps, molasses, snickerdoodles, Mexican wedding cookies….my mouth is watering just thinking of all this goodness! I am going to be busy 🙂

7. Anna Bennett says:

That all look so awesome. I have to share them with all of my Family & Friends. There are some that have Facebook & some that don’t. Thank you for sharing your Recipes with us.

8. I will share this on my Timeline. All the cookies look so good. Thank you for posting them.

9. mary hamilton says:

thank you for those great recipes on your blog.i plan on making some for Christmas .I want to try your seven layer cookies mary