MY DAUGHTER’S POUND CAKE

this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.

TSLCPoundCake3

The twins, Anne Parker and Leigh Harper, love pound cake.  Their grandmother used to make it for them when they were little and always had one ready when they came home from college for a visit.  Anne makes the pound cakes now and made this one for our Christmas morning.

1 cup butter
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
3 cups all-purpose flour
TSLCCOOKBOOKBANNER1

Grease and flour one 9 or 10 inch tube pan or spray pan heavily.   Cream butter and sugar with mixer until fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well.  Add the flour, one cup at a time while adding cream a little at a time until all flour and cream is mixed in well.  Add the vanilla flavoring and blend well.  Pour batter into prepared pan.  Bake at 325 degrees for 1-1/2 hours or until center springs back from small amount of pressure.

This does not have to be made in a tube pan.   Be sure and grease or spray pan heavily and let cake sit and cool for about 12 minutes before removing from pan.   Enjoy!

Be sure and Pin for later: The Southern Lady Cooks Pound Cake

If you like this recipe, you might also like my recipe for this Blueberry Cream Cheese Butter Cake.

Just a reminder to look on the right hand side of this page and type in your e-mail address so you don’t miss notification of new tips and recipes when they come out! You will be notified first of anything new on our site. Your e-mail will not be shared with anyone. We have over 23,000 e-mail subscribers and they are always the first to know about any new posts.

1. Laura Willuams says:

I have followed this recipe exactly as written. Ingredients, directions, oven temp, etc. Why does my cake always get so crispy on top? This is driving me bananas!

Gosh Laura, I don’t know, unless your rack in your oven is higher than mine or your oven maybe gets hotter. I have never had that happen. By top, do you mean the top of the cake, once you take it out of the bunt pan or the actual bottom of the cake?

2. I noticed that the bundt pan is slightly different than the traditional pan. Can you tell me the manufacturer, item number, or any markings that are on the pan? Thanks so much.

3. It seems like a lot of sugar in this recipe. Have you tried reducing the sugar by half the amount (to 1.5 cups instead of 3 cups)?

4. Do you need to sift the flour?

5. I adore this blog site thanks so much SOUTHERN LADY,this is Buffy from Florida

Thank you so much Buffy! We are happy to have you on our site and it just thrills us you like the recipes. Have a great week ahead! Hugs to you and yours.

6. would like to know if I can use different extract….lemon or almond?? what do you think?

7. My daughter’s pound cake calls for all purpose flour. It doesn’t call for any baking soda or anything so does this mean it is mad with self rising flour?

8. granny nelda says:

got the new cook book it is great.thanks .

9. krisbigrigsncookies says:

This sounds so delicious. I wish we were having it for dessert tonight 🙂

10. Is a pint of cream correct? Two cups of cream sounds like it’s too much liquid. I’ve always seen whipping cream pound cake recipes using one cup of cream. I’m dying to make this but want to make sure the amount of cream is right before I do. Nothing breaks my heart worse than putting all those delicious ingredients and time into a pound cake that falls. Thanks.

11. Delores Hicks says:

Heavy cream, can you tell me what is considered heavy cream

12. Elsie Simpson says:

What is a good sauce recipe to pour over at serving time? You had black raspberries? What about a warm strawberry or ????

Strawberries would be delicious too! Any sauce would be great, my daughters eat it with nothing on it, they love it plain!

13. Can you substitute anything in place of the heavy whipping cream?

14. Fran Truesdale says:

Got mine in the oven now, hope it taste as good cooked, as it did in the bowl. Delicious

15. Can you change to 2 cups cream, I just made the cake with 1 cup cream oops

16. When you say cream, are you talking about whipping cream?

17. almost every time I’ve read a recipe that uses ‘all purpose’ flour, it calls for added salt and baking powder..it looks funny not to see these two items in this pound cake recipe..was that an error, or is the recipe complete as written? Thanks for taking the time to fill me in about this concern…
    midilang

18. We loved you being at our house for Christmas and cooking with us!! This pound cake the Guinness made was GREAT!!!!!!!! It was made with lots of love. 🙂

Love you Mom!!

Leigh

19. Judy,
    Joe and I were just looking at this blog…we gained a pound just looking. Everything looks so good. Why are we always so hungry in the winter? I have to go and get out the ole George Foreman and make us some grilled ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch and stop looking at these pictures. LOL
    Balisha

20. Oh, Lord! The pounds keep adding on. It’s a pound cake right? I’ll only gain a pound…right?
    Balisha