We have had a lot of fun things going on this summer! One of them is our new cookbook that will be coming out real soon. We put a lot of time and energy into this book and we hope all our fans will love it. This is a cookbook anyone will enjoy as it is Down Home Dishes! Definitely stay tuned for more information the closer we get to our release of this great book! If you haven’t ordered our first cookbook “Sweet Things” you can do so here.

Another wonderful announcement is this darling store in Rockcastle County, Kentucky is now carrying our first Cookbook “Sweet Things”. We are just now starting our wholesale division and are excited to embark on this journey! The  Renfro Valley Country Market is right in the heart of Renfro Valley, which is a wonderful tourist area in Kentucky. The owners Nelson and Ruth Hamilton have some great things in their shop!

Do you own a boutique or shop? If you would like to talk to us about our wholesale side, feel free to email us at [email protected]

Be sure and check out Everything Kentucky and The Southern Twins.

Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Pinterest or E-mail buttons at the bottom of each post. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below.

Just a reminder to look on the right hand side of this page and type in your e-mail address so you don’t miss new posts when they come out! Your e-mail will not be shared with anyone. We have more than 20,000 e-mail subscribers and they are always the first to know about any new posts.

© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder

1. Becky Fischer says:

Has the new cookbook come out, and where do I order it. I use your recipes all the time, and my family has yet to find one they do not like. Finding your site has been such a blessing. Thanks..Becky Fischet

It should be here any day, Becky. Just keep watching the site. We will send out an e-mail and do a post on the site as soon as it is available. So happy you enjoy the recipes and you will love the new cookbook.

2. Jane Mayfield says:

I’m so glad you’re putting out a second cookbook! I have your first one – “Sweet Things” and love it. Do we place our orders for you new one now? Just printed out your “Pineapple Coconut Loaf Cake” it’s looks wonderful and I can’t wait to try it. I can almost smell it baking now! You have the BEST recipes. The kind my family loves!! Thank you!!!!!!!

Jane, thank you so much for the kind comments! The new cookbook “Down Home Dishes” should be available on our website in a few weeks! Stay tuned for an announcement.

3. GRANNY NELDA says:

We will post it on the site when it is available for everyone and on Facebook, too. So happy you like the first one and think you will like this one just as much.

4. Kimberly Clark says:

Congratulations ladies on your publication of the”Second” cookbook!!I’m fairly new to your site,but am a”country cook”myself.I use my MamMa Ruth’s,Mammie Beer(Great Grandmother),my Aunt Johnny,Great Aunts’,and am so very BLESSED to be able to pass the JOY and LOVE of cooking(esp old family recipes)down to my son and my daughter and my granddaughter(if she’s interested).I apologise for rambling,I’ve tried a few of your recipes and they’re wonderful!!So I’ll be sending in for a cookbook.God Bless,congratulations and I wish you much more success to come!!

Thank you so much Kimberly! It is always a joy to share recipes with your family, sounds like you have some wonderful ones as well.

• Kimberly Clark says:

I do indeed,a family favorite.”Apple Dumplings”,and with all of the leftover homemade pie crust”mini cini rolls”have always been baked,LOL.My MamMa Ruth only made these at Thanksgiving and/or Christmas,they were a huge deal!!After I made them the first time,I realized that my MamMa Ruth had to REALLY LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US!!

5. LaVerne Schenk says:

I have made so many of your recipes from your site and I can honestly say I have never been disappointed. I am very eager to get the new cookbook and I will be trying recipes daily. I love to cook.

6. Congratulations Judy! I look forward to seeing it around here too. Hey… I see my cookbook peeking out from the back there – nice to see they are carrying it and it’s in good company!!

Thank you, Mary. She has all the Southern cookbooks in her shop. Mandy’s is there, too, and Southern Bite as well.

7. Congratulations!

8. Looking forward to this one.

9. I have and love your cook book “Sweet Things”. I have used it often . Looking forward to the new one .

10. has anyone purchased the first cookbook and can you comment on how you like it. They do not return if you don’t care for the book/

Sandy, here are comments take from Facebook. We have had very positive reviews of our first book, which is one of the reasons why we decided to do a 2nd one.

Just a few comments taken from Facebook and our website from fans who bought this cookbook:

Dana Tomaras: Purchased this cookbook it is “awesome” !!!!!

Jonathan Weinberg: Bought it a couple weeks ago. A wonderful compilation. Oh, and made ‘My Daughter’s Pound Cake’ recipe. Fantastic!

Cynthia Fowler: Received my copy today! I can’t wait to get started trying recipes! Thank you!

Carie Kuykendall Graff: I am so excited to get your cookbook in the mail today. I am off work on Wednesday but now I can decide what to bake first.

Andromedia Cady Bright: Got my cook book on Saturday. Can’t wait to use it! Now we need one with the “regular food” recipes!

Sally Hutchinson Huss: Got my cookbook today! Love it.

Linda Hafer Holliman: I just received your cookbook in the mail today. I is just wonderful. I just can’t wait to start baking for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanks for sending so quickly.

• For Sandy who was wondering about your recipes. Started following The Southern Lady because she is a Kentuckian and to me that means she is a cook. Not one time have I made her recipe and been disappointed. Oh yes, I have 3 notebooks filled with recipes I print.

Thank you so much Margaret. Happy to know you enjoy the recipes and thank you for your kind comment and for following. Happy to have you on my site.