this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Here are some tips on choosing ripe avocados. You will be able to “share” these by clicking Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest below. You can print by clicking on the little printer under this post.
1. Avocado should be soft to touch but not mushy. If firm it is under ripe.
2. The small brown stem on the end should come off easily.
3. You should see green under the stem. If brown or yellow under the stem it is not ripe.
4. If rattles it is over ripe.
5. Placing in the refrigerator will slow the ripening process.
6. If unripe, place in a brown paper bag to increase ripening process.
7. Ripe avocados will keep in the refrigerator about two days
Don’t Forget to Pin! Click here to check out other tips from our site: Tips From The Southern Lady Cooks. We have 78 boards on Pinterest with over 31,000 followers that will give you lots of recipes, ideas and interesting stuff to post. You can follow us on Pinterest here: The Southern Lady Cooks on Pinterest.
Just a reminder to look on the right hand side of this page and type in your e-mail address so you don’t miss new posts when they come out! Your e-mail will not be shared with anyone. We have almost 26,000 e-mail subscribers and they are always the first to know about any new posts.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.
Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest buttons below. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below. It is the green square below with a printer inside the square right beside the twitter, Pinterest and Facebook icons.